Ageing Better in Camden is a partnership of older people and Camden organisations, working together to tackle social isolation and loneliness among older people.
Reaching out to BAME older people in Camden
Ageing Better in Camden are pleased to announce a
Call for Expression of interest for Consultancy for Capacity Building and Support to prepare for new BAME Community Action project of older people in Camden
The key aims of the project are:
- To work with and support BAME organisations in the voluntary and community sector to address loneliness and social isolation amongst older BAME people in Camden
- Reach out to and identify BAME older people at risk of social isolation in a range of communities and cultures
- Engage older people and groups to develop networks and activities
- Increase BAME older peoples take up and participation in support activities and services.
- To ensure the voice of older BAME people contributes to the shaping and development of older peoples activities and the communities they live in.
Come to our Older People's Advisory Group
Our Older People's Advisory Group meet monthly at Age UK Camden, Tavis House to help shape the Ageing Better in Camden partnership.
The group have played a key role in:
- Influencing the Ageing Better in Camden partnership - what can we do better to tackle social isolation and loneliness?
- Campaigning on local issues, such as public toilets and social care
- Sharing events, opportunities and ideas to make sure everyone can be connected to their local communty
The group is open to anyone who is over 60 and living in Camden. Tea and coffee is provided and new members are very welcome!
Each month we produce various event/activities leaflets for OPAG members, you can get a copy here