Outreach Community Facilitator
What does the role involve?
The role of the community facilitator is to assist the Outreach Service to bring people together by providing ongoing practical support to enable small groups of older people to meet and enjoy social contact or to share an interest or activity.
- Contacting staff at the company and setting up matches
- Contacting members of the service to see if they are interested in Keep in Touch.
- Gathering any feedback from clients or volunteers and sharing with company.
- Telephoning clients as requested to set up new matches and writing any confirmation letters.
- Keeping records as requested.
- Scanning and uploading documents.
- Other admin duties that will be discussed and agreed with the coordinator
What will you get out of it?
- Confidence to encourage people to engage
- Making a difference in your community as a whole
- Meeting new people and getting out and about
What is expected of me?
- Good communication skills, enjoy conversation and helping people to form social connections.
- Good organisational skills and ability to plan ahead to ensure the room and any refreshments are set up ready for the group/activity.
- Consistency and reliability
- Understanding of Confidentiality
- Empathy and sensitivity
- Requirement to undertake induction training and follow guidelines and policies of Age UK Camden
- The majority of activities may be weekdays and during the day
- 2-4 hours a week/fortnight
Volunteers will need to complete all induction and training before a final decision regarding their suitability for volunteering is made
If you have any questions, or would like to apply, please email Geraldine McCarthy, Volunteer Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org